City Enhances bids.oshawa.ca
February 23, 2016
Posted by: Alison Hermansen
The City of Oshawa launched bids.oshawa.ca, a new bid opportunities web portal for vendors and contractors, in January 2015. Phase II of the launch will be implemented by mid this year and will include the ability for vendors to submit bids entirely online in one quick, easy and convenient location.
The City will be contributing to the growth and development of an online eProcurement solution in collaboration with the Town of Ajax, Township of Scugog and Municipality of Clarington, along with over 60 other municipalities and public agencies.
Effective March 1, 2016, Oshawa will be moving over to a vendor pay model and vendors will be required to purchase a subscription or a per bid fee to participate in any future bids. Vendors who do not already have a paid subscription are invited to purchase an unlimited annual subscription for $165/year from eSolutionsGroup Bids & Tenders eProcurement platform at bids.oshawa.ca.
The unlimited subscription will provide vendors with the following benefits and services:
- Unlimited access to register for all bid opportunities for all registered websites (including over 60 municipalities and public agencies) powered by eSolutionsGroup Bids & Tenders Software across Canada
- Automatic notifications of new bid opportunities, addenda, site meeting reminders and bid results
- Unlimited use of online submissions, document downloads and addenda notices
- Unlimited category subscription for bid matching
- Instant access to bid results
- Customized vendor dashboard that allows quick access to active opportunities and bid history
- Self-serve profile management
- Ability to add up to 10 contacts to your account
- Ability to register for the emergency contact database
Vendors who do not want to purchase an annual subscription will be able search and view bid opportunities online, with the option to pay a fee of $45 per each bid opportunity downloaded.
"We continue to make it easier to do business with the City of Oshawa," said Councillor Nancy Diamond, Chair of the Finance Committee. "In such a highly competitive economy, businesses will receive notification of bid opportunities and have full, immediate access to potential contract information, not only in Oshawa but in a wide range of municipalities. Vendors will benefit from enhanced opportunities; Oshawa will benefit from the broadest range of suppliers."
The City and eSolutionsGroup invite vendors and contractors to a free online webinar that includes a hands-on live demonstration of the new tool. You will learn how to:
- Create a vendor account
- Navigate through the software
- Submit and withdraw a bid online
- Explore the vendor dashboard
- Manage your bid history
For more information on the City's bid opportunities web portal, visit bids.oshawa.ca or call 905-436-3311.