MISA Ontario Awards - Call for Nominations
March 14, 2016
Posted by: Jacqueline O'Hara
The Municipal Information Systems Association of Ontario (MISA), is looking to recognize people and organizations for excellence in the use and delivery of technology. Every year, awards are presented at the MISA Ontario Annual Conference to individual information technology leaders and to municipal and associate member organizations. A panel made up of representatives from various municipalities selects award recipients from all of the nominations received. Awards will be presented at the Annual Conference Awards Banquet on June 6 in Blue Mountain.
The final submission deadline for nominations is March 31, 2016
Award categories include:
- Partner of The Year – presented to the associate partner deemed to have made the most significant contribution to municipal information technology and MISA Ontario during the past year.
- Roy Wiseman Award - presented to an employee of a MISA Ontario member municipality who is recognized as a role model and mentor.
- Excellence in Municipal Systems – presented one or more individuals within the municipality who have successfully undertaken a significant initiative or set a new standard that other municipalities may follow.
- John Cushing Award of Merit Life Membership – presented for long and exemplary service to MISA Ontario and to recognize outstanding and dedicated service to the association over the years.
- Life Membership – presented to retiring MISA member representatives who have been active in the association. Life members continue to receive Municipal Interface and are entitled to attend the conference and workshops at no charge.
- Regena Lerke Distinguished Service – presented to an individual that exemplifies Regena's spirit of working "beyond the call" with humour and humanity, making a difference to the organization and its members.
- Special Recognition – presented to individuals or groups who have made a specific and outstanding contribution to MISA or the municipal systems community.
For more information and submit your nomination, please see additional details and the nominations form.
Any inquires please contact MISA Ontario's Community Manager, Jacqueline O'Hara.