York Region receives seven International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) Awards
May 20, 2016
Posted by: Jacqueline O'Hara
The Regional Municipality of York received seven IABC Toronto Ovation Awards at the Ovation Awards Gala held on May 18 in Toronto, including the 2016 Corporate Communications Department of the Year Award of Distinction.
"York Region delivers critical services across the Region each and every day, including public transit, affordable housing, public health, family and children's services, police and paramedic services," said York Region Chairman and CEO Wayne Emmerson. "We are committed to striving for excellence and keeping our residents and stakeholders informed. We are honoured to be recognized for our effective communication efforts."
York Region also received awards for the following communications campaigns:
- Clean Air at Home: Small Steps Make a Big Difference - Award of Excellence
- YRT/Viva Personal Security - Award of Merit
- Invest in People: York Region's 22nd Annual United Way Campaign - Award of Merit
- Continuous Improvement: Inspiring employees to get involved, have a say and make a difference - Award of Merit
- York Region's Great Streets: Building Roads that Build Community - Award of Merit
- For the Love of York Region: Seasonal Video Series - Award of Merit
The International Association of Business Communicators Ovation Awards program recognizes communications excellence throughout the GTA. IABC Toronto is the world's largest IABC chapter. The annual celebration showcases excellence in communications across the GTA.
For more information :
Regional Municipality of York
Box 147, 17250 Yonge St
Canada, L3Y 6Z1