Nominations for the MISA Ontario 2017 Awards Are Open
March 14, 2017
Posted by: Jacqueline O'Hara
The Municipal Information Systems Association of Ontario (MISA), is looking to recognize people and organizations for excellence in the use and delivery of technology. Every year, awards are presented at the MISA Ontario Annual Conference to individual information technology leaders and to municipal and associate member organizations. A panel made up of representatives from various municipalities selects award recipients from all of the nominations received. Awards will be presented at the Annual Conference Awards Banquet on June 5 in the City of Windsor.
Each year, awards are presented at the MISA Ontario Annual Conference to individual information technology leaders, and to municipal and associate member organizations.
An awards panel selects the recipients on the basis of submitted nomination forms.
The deadline for submissions has been extended to April 21, 2017. The MISA awards will be presented on June 5, 2017 during the Awards Banquet at the MISA Annual Conference and Trade Show in Windsor, Ontario.
The top Municipal projects chosen by the Committee will have an opportunity to present their award-winning project at a plenary session at the Annual Conference on Monday, June 5. Each project will have 10 minutes on the conference agenda. Delegates will then be asked to vote for their favourite project. In addition to receiving an Excellence in Municipal Systems Award, the project with the most votes will receive the People’s Choice Award at the Conference Awards Banquet on Monday, June 5.
Award categories include:
- Partner of The Year – presented to the associate partner deemed to have made the most significant contribution to municipal information technology and MISA Ontario during the past year.
- Roy Wiseman Award - presented to an employee of a MISA Ontario member municipality who is recognized as a role model and mentor.
- Excellence in Municipal Systems – presented one or more individuals within the municipality who have successfully undertaken a significant initiative or set a new standard that other municipalities may follow.
- John Cushing Award of Merit – presented for long and exemplary service to MISA Ontario and to recognize outstanding and dedicated service to the association over the years.
- Life Membership – presented to retiring MISA member representatives who have been active in the association. Life members continue to receive Municipal Interface and are entitled to attend the conference and workshops at no charge.
- Regena Lerke Distinguished Service – presented to an individual that exemplifies Regena's spirit of working "beyond the call" with humour and humanity, making a difference to the organization and its members.
- Special Recognition – presented to individuals or groups who have made a specific and outstanding contribution to MISA or the municipal systems community.
For more information and submit your nomination, please see additional details and the nominations form. Any inquires please contact MISA Ontario's Executive Director, Anne Babej.