CALL FOR SPEAKERS - MISA Ontario InfoSec Conference 2019
June 26, 2019
Posted by: Jacqueline O'Hara
We are looking for dynamic speakers, panelists and workshop leaders who can bring compelling stories, best practices and cutting-edge initiatives to life - all related to IT Security issues & opportunities. Share your knowledge, help us understand what's coming and how best to prepare. Step out beyond today's challenges and status quo and help us to communicate what tomorrow is going to look like and how we can get there from here.
This year's InfoSec conference will take place from October 21 - 23 2019 in Orillia, Ontario at Casino Rama.
Please provide your submission here:
2019 MISA Ontario InfoSec Conference - Call for Speakers
Deadline Extended to Friday, July 12, 2019 at 11:59 PM EST.
Main questions you will be asked:
- What presentation format are you proposing? (i.e. Panel Discussion, Individual Presenter, Workshop)
- Provide a brief overview of the session, including the key take-aways for the attendees (maximum 100 words)
- You will also have the option to upload up to three supporting documents
Proposal Tips & Considerations
- Municipal members are strongly encouraged to share challenges, and case studies.
- You must be a MISA member in good standing (or willing to acquire a MISA membership) to be considered for a session spot.
- Partner/Vendor presentations traditionally receive more attendance and participation when they include a municipal representative(s) to share successes and challenges.
- We are looking for dynamic speakers, panelists and workshop leaders who can bring compelling stories, best practices and create an interactive environment with the audience.
- Your audience will be a good mix of front-line staff, managers & directors. Delegates all have a direct interest and responsibility for IT security within their organization.
- How your municipality survived ransomware attack
- What to do after your organization has been hacked
- Security best practices for smaller municipalities
- How organizations are deploying their daily networking and security functions
Other Recommended Session Topics
- Identity Theft
- Managing Cloud Services
- Cyber Insurance
- White Hat Hacking
- Security Blue Prints
- SSL Inspection
- Disaster Recovery
- Digital Forensics
- Network Monitoring Best Practices
- Internal Pen Testing
- Cloud Security Data Anonymization/De-Identification Techniques
- Incident Response Planning
- Access Management
If you have any questions, contact email@example.com