NOW EXTENDED: Submit Your Nomination for the MISA Ontario 2020 Awards
March 24, 2020
Posted by: Jacqueline O'Hara
Every year, the MISA Ontario Awards recognizes people and organizations for excellence in the use and delivery of technology and presented at the MISA Ontario Annual Conference & Trade Show.
Although the MISA Ontario 2020 Annual Conference & Trade Show was recently cancelled, the MISA Ontario Awards will still proceed.
We will be extending the deadline from the original April 10 deadline to April 24 in order to allow municipalities time to put together their submission. Here is how we plan to recognize the winners:
- 2020 winners will be announced via email to our members and posted on our website
- There will be a press release issued through Municipal Info Net
- The mayor of the winning municipalities will also be notified
- We will be asking winners and nominees to host a webinar on their submission for our members
- 2020 winners will be formally recognized next year at the MISA Ontario 2021 Annual Conference & Trade Show along with 2021 recipients
We encourage all municipalities and affiliates to nominate their best projects & initiatives. For full details including how to submit your nomination, please visit our Awards Page.
Submissions for the MISA Ontario 2020 Awards will now close on April 24.
Award categories include:
- Excellence in Municipal Systems - An award for both an Ontario municipality and one or more individuals within the municipality who have successfully undertaken a significant initiative or set a new standard that other municipalities may follow.
- Roy Wiseman Award - Presented annually to an employee of a MISA Ontario member municipality who is recognized as a role model and mentor within the MISA organization.
- John Cushing Award of Merit - An award for long and exemplary service to MISA Ontario and to recognize outstanding and dedicated service to the association over the years.
- Regena Lerke Distinguished Service - An award for individual service to MISA that exemplifies Regena's spirit of working "beyond the call" with humour and humanity, making a difference to the organization and its members.
Questions? Please contact MISA Ontario's Executive Director, Anne Babej.
About Municipal Information Systems Association, Ontario (MISA Ontario)
Municipal Information Systems Association, Ontario (MISA Ontario) is a non-profit organization whose objective is to foster an engaged and active community of municipal professionals, at all levels, to share information, experiences and promote municipal IT practices. Our mission is to provide technology focused online resources, directories, and events targeted to municipalities of all sizes. As a member, you will join a growing number of 1400+ dedicated professionals working towards more effective government.:
You can follow us on our social media: