AMCTO Electronic Council Meetings Webinar Moderated by MISA Ontario
April 14, 2020
Posted by: Jacqueline O'Hara
On Wednesday, April 8, at 12 p.m. over 400 municipal CAOs, Clerks, Deputy Clerks and other senior managers regularly involved in council meetings participated in the AMCTO Virtual Electronic Council Meetings Discussion. Morgan Calvert, President of MISA Ontario and Director of Information Technology Services, County of Middlesex was the moderator for the session and also provided advice on hosting virtual meetings from a technology perspective.
Other presenters included:
- Stephen O’Brien – General Manager / City Clerk, City of Guelph
- Nina Lecic – Manager, Legislative and Legal Services, Deputy Clerk, Town of Milton
- Danielle Manton – City Clerk, City of Cambridge
This was an incredible opportunity for AMCTO, MISA Ontario and AMO to collaborate and discuss the following:
- An overview of the technology or electronic platforms in use;
- An introduction to scope and procedural implications for holding an electronic meeting of council during these times; and
- Hear experiences from the municipalities who have done it.
We want to thank AMCTO and AMO for this amazing opportunity to not only expose MISA Ontario to the municipal staff regularly involved in council meetings, but also bring IT to the table during these council discussions. Stay tuned for future communications.