MISA Ontario Announces 2020 Award Winners
June 19, 2020
Posted by: Jacqueline O'Hara
Every year, The Municipal Information Systems Association (MISA) of Ontario recognizes municipalities, individuals within municipalities and organizations for excellence in the use and delivery of technology. A panel made up of representatives from various municipalities selects award recipients from all nominations received.
- Furtherance of a municipality's strategic objectives using information technology;
- Demonstrated improvement in service delivery to clients, citizens or businesses;
- High level of collaboration between IT and other municipal departments, as shown for example in a joint submission between IT and a client business unit.
While we still plan to recognize our 2020 award winners at next year's Annual Conference Awards Gala, it was important for us to acknowledge the remarkable work our municipal community has accomplished this year. There were a high number of submissions and we want to thank everyone for their amazing contributions.
2020 winners who received the Excellence in Municipal Systems award included:
City of Brantford
Digital Transformation of Employee Onboarding Process
- Kris Olson, JD Edwards Development Specialist, IT Services
- Patrick Thompson, Data Engineer
- Mark Jacklyn, Manager of Human Resources Services
Town of Huntsville
Strategic Plan 2019-2023: From PDF to Structured Data Dashboard
- Margaret Stead, Corporate Information Coordinator, Corporate Information Department
- Joel Duffield, IT Manager, Information Technology Department
- Andrew Zanier, Records Management Coordinator, Clerks Department
- Lauren MacDermid and Lisa Spolnik, Manager of Marketing, Marketing Department
City of Toronto
Park, Forestry & Rec Request for Work Project
- Jason Baker, Director Business & Technology Transformation, Parks, Forestry and Recreation, City of Torontodfd
- Dina Carrescia, Business Lead, Parks Forestry and Recreation
- Vera Ryan, Change Management Lead, Technology Services
- Noelly Tamez, RFW Project Director, Technology Services
Town of Whitby
Emergency Response Technology Modernization
- Rob Brodofske, Senior Network Analyst, Infrastructure
- Mariano Perini, Deputy Fire Chief, Whitby Fire and Emergency Services
- Joy Soulliere, Sr. GIS Coordinator, Technology and Innovation Services
Regional Municipality of York
YorkTrax (Development Application Tracking)
- Karen Whitney, Director, Community Planning and Development Services
On behalf of MISA Ontario, we congratulate this year’s nominees and winners. All winning submissions for “Excellence in Municipal Systems” awards will be available on the MISA Canada website at the end of the month.
For more information about our awards and previous winners, please visit our awards page. Any inquires please contact MISA Ontario's Community Manager, Jacqueline O'Hara.