Call for MISA Ontario 2018 Award Nominations
February 23, 2018
Posted by: Jacqueline O'Hara
The Municipal Information Systems Association of Ontario (MISA), is looking to recognize people and organizations for excellence in the use and delivery of technology. Every year, awards are presented at the MISA Ontario Annual Conference to individual information technology leaders and to municipal and associate member organizations. Awards will be presented at the Annual Conference Awards Banquet on June 4 in the City of Hamilton.
The deadline for submissions is April 13, 2018.
Award categories include:
- Excellence in Municipal Systems - presented to one or more individuals within the municipality who have successfully undertaken a significant initiative or set a new standard that other municipalities could follow.
- Partner of The Year - presented to the associate partner deemed to have made the most significant contribution to municipal information technology and MISA Ontario during the past year.
- Roy Wiseman Award - presented to an employee of a MISA Ontario member municipality who is recognized as a role model and mentor.
- John Cushing Award - awarded for long and exemplary service to MISA Ontario and to recognize outstanding and dedicated service to the association over the years.
- Regena Lerke Distinguished Service - presented to an individual that exemplifies Regena's spirit of working "beyond the call" with humour and humanity, and making a difference to the organization and its members.
- Life Membership - presented to retiring MISA member representatives who have been active in the association. Life members continue to receive Municipal Interface and are entitled to attend the conference and workshops at no charge.
- Special Recognition - presented to individuals or groups who have made a specific and outstanding contribution to MISA or the municipal systems community.
For more information about these awards and to submit a nomination, please see additional details. If you would like to submit a nomination please contact MISA Ontario's Executive Director, Anne Babej.