To be the national voice of municipalities relating to information and communications technology.
- MISA/ASIM Canada attempts to reach consensus on all relevant issues, but will still represent the positions of minority stakeholders if consensus cannot be achieved;
- MISA/ASIM Canada develops policy and position statements on relevant national issues that fairly represent the views of its member associations;
- MISA/ASIM Canada participates in national committees dealing with municipal or inter-jurisdictional delivery of government services, using information and technology;
- MISA/ASIM Canada cooperates and collaborates with other organizations on matters affecting municipal or inter-jurisdictional delivery of government services, using information and technology;
- MISA/ASIM Canada provides services to its member associations only where there is agreement to do so. Costs for such services will be shared equitably among the member associations, in accordance with an agreed formula. Participation in such shared services is voluntary for each member association and no costs will be apportioned to non-participating member associations;
- MISA/ASIM Canada will depend upon its members for resources, assistance or cooperation required to carry out its activities;
- Decisions or policy positions adopted by MISA/ASIM Canada are not necessarily binding on member associations, and MISA/ASIM Canada is not necessarily bound by decisions or policy positions adopted by any member association;
- MISA/ASIM Canada activities shall be consistent to the fullest extent possible with the operating principles of its member associations.
- To represent member associations in discussions with the Government of Canada and other national or international bodies and associations in matters regarding municipal or inter-jurisdictional delivery of government services using information and communications technology;
- To facilitate collaboration and sharing of information, skills and resources among municipalities and member associations;
- To provide leadership and promote excellence in the use of information and communications technology.